September 9, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane.....

I can't believe it - we received our appointment date today!  The funny thing is that last night, I continued to check my email over and over.  I was waiting on an email from our facilitator in Ukraine.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zelch.  But, I had a dream that she got our invitation and it was for October 4th.  Well, my dream came true - its actually OCTOBER 4th!  I am still amazed at the goodness and faithfulness of God as He has taken us down this journey.

We began down this path scared, nervous, excited, and not knowing what to expect.  As I sit here and think of those precious girls in Ukraine - I am ecstatic!  I can't wait to bring them home!  I can't wait to hold them in my arms and fulfill a promise I made to do whatever I could to adopt them.  I've always told them we would do what we could but that it was God who would bring them here - not us.  And, there is still a possibility that they could not be adopted due to a bill that is being voted on just a week before we leave for Ukraine.  A bill is being presented to Ukraine Parliament that would halt adoptions.  We are asking for prayer that this will not pass and that we will be able to proceed with this adoption.

We ask for your prayers, that is the most important thing in this journey!  We are also $3000 away from our financial goal.  We've raised and saved close to $12,000 in the last few months.  I have been completely overwhelmed at the support of those around us.  Everyone has really rallied around us and have given us more than we ever expected!  We are asking 100 people to donate $30 this week to help us meet that goal.  I have already received $240 is less than two hours!  If you are inclined to donate, you may do so online (PayPal) with the beccarhill@msn.com address or send a check to us.  Email me for the address (beccahill00@gmail.com)

Thank you again for all your love and support!  We could not go down this road without each and every one of you!!!

Blessings,
The Hills