September 29, 2010

Eve of THE BIG DAY!

I honestly don't know how tomorrow snuck up on me so fast!  It seemed like I was cool and calm and then all of a sudden....its here! 

I will try my hardest to keep updating the blog and I'll upload as many pictures as I possibly can do at one time.

We leave from Austin tomorrow evening at 5:00 pm, head to Dulles International (Washington DC) and then on to Frankfurt, Germany.  We will be staying there until Saturday with some precious friends of ours that are missionaries.  Craig met them in Siberia and then went to serve with them in South Africa the spring of 2004.  We can't wait to see them and it will give us some down time and rest before heading to Kiev on Saturday.  We will have  day of rest of Sunday and then our appointment with the SDA (State Department of Adoption) is on Monday at 9AM.  We will receive the official referral of our girls and then travel to their region on Tuesday evening.

Both of our girls (Molly and Madeline) are coming with us as well as my mom.  She has graciously offered to join us and help with us during our SDA appointment as well as our court date.  We plan to travel to Molly's birthplace after our court and spend time with lots of friends we met during our adoption of her in 2004.  We also plan to meet Molly's birthmom for coffee (without Molly) and I am really looking forward to that!  Please pray for us as we meet her for the first time. 

Well, I need to get some things done before our big trip tomorrow.  Keep reading and I'll update as much as possible.

Thanks for the prayers!!!!