May 22, 2012

Persecution...


Therefore, brothers, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 
1 Thessalonians 3:7

I don't know why I am amazed but I always find myself in awe at the beauty and blessing of the friends that God has put in my life!  This road we are all on is not easy and we will all face trials and persecution, but its the faithful friends that lead us back to the Cross and encourage us that help us on our journey.

The comment that caused such an uproar was filled with ignorance and obviously the person that posted it has never walked a mile in my shoes.  They have no idea what its like to sleep with one eye open and fear for what can happen to your child by the actions of another one of your children.  No one knows what its like to see a rage so horrific that you could swear that it was not of this world and something so demonic that it terrified you more than you could ever imagine.  For someone to be so derogatory towards our family for the healing and restoration that we have sought for Lizzie is just plain foolish.  The Bible is clear that "We are not to answer a fool in his folly lest you become like him." Proverbs 26:4. So, as bad as I wanted to blast this person, I held my tongue from what was really in my head and that's a good thing.  

I am so appreciative of the precious emails and texts that I have received from friends that love us and are so supportive of us.  I am thankful beyond what words can express for the encouragement - you have no idea that it comes at such the perfect time.  Aside from what was said on our blog, our family could really use your prayers.  We are experiencing some life changing events and we need you to pray alongside us that God would reveal His plan for our lives in due time.  Our God is rarely early but never late.  He loves us and has planned out all of our lives since the beginning of time so I find rest and comfort on the pillow of His Sovereignty!

Thank you, friends!  I love each and everyone of you!  I pray that my blog and my open and honest view of life would be an encouragement to you!!!!

Be Blessed,
Becca